February. I love the focus on LOVE in February. Our theme for the month is Self-Awareness is Not Enough, reminding us of the importance of putting wings on our faith – shining our light and our love out into our families, workplaces, communities, and the world. Navel gazing is not enough! Luckily, we are connected to the infinite source that will flow as much love through us as we will allow. Let’s open our hearts and flood the world!
We had a great Annual Meeting. Here are a few highlights:
- Catherine Snider created a wonderful slide show of 2017 of pictures taken throughout the year.
- A By-law change was approved to allow flexibility in the size of our Board of Trustees. Previously six were required plus the minister. Now the Board size can vary from three to six, plus the minister.
- In addition to an overview of our amazing Outreach program, we had an overview of the highlights of the Center in 2017, including the up-leveling of our music program with Karen Karsh as Music Director, the success of our newest monthly events (First Wednesday Meditation and Third Thursday Spiritual Forum), our financial stability, and the enthusiasm, beauty, and joy that fill the Center.
- Our 2018 budget was discussed, celebrated, and approved.
- If you have any questions about the Annual Meeting, feel free to ask me or one of the Board member.
We now have a terrific Board that consists of three members. If serving on the Board calls to you, please talk to Reverend Jyoti or one of the Board members. The officers for the coming year are:
- Catherine Snider, President
- Sandy Rinehart, VP and Treasurer
Linda Williamson, Secretary
I so appreciate all of the volunteers at CSLBV, and it was my honor to name Dave Goodwin and Barbara Weirich as the Mark A. Wilson award winners for 2017. Here are just SOME of the ways they serve: Barbara has served as Secretary on the Board of Trustees, serves on the Food Bank, Outreach, and Inspirational Movie Night teams, and has helped with our Third Thursday Forums. Dave moves signs around on Sunday mornings, helps count the tithes and offerings, installed and wired our ceiling projector, installed the great cabinets in the Celebration Hall, and can often be seen welcoming newcomers after service. They both show up for clean-up days, do “little things” around the Center, and do it all with excellence, good humor, and great love. Thank you, Barb and Dave, for bringing your light and your consciousness and your service to CSLBV!
Did you know that our Sunday message videos are posted on our website, cslbouldervalley.org, along with lots of other information? If you’re not able to make it to church on Sunday morning, you can still catch the message, and you can also support the Center online by clicking the DONATE button.
In February, I’ll be in the office on Thursday afternoons from 2:30-5:30, as usual. I’m also in the office at other times by appointment. Feel free to call if you’d like to come in to chat or to pray, or if you have some thoughts or ideas you’d like to share.
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday mornings! Journey joyfully, knowing that you are blessed and you ARE a blessing! Let your love flow!
Love, Reverend Jyoti