Starts January 23, 2018. Renew your Body, Mind, and Spirit! Feel free to drop in for one session or come to all. Learn a variety of meditation techniques with the purpose of enhancing your prayer and meditation practices and also to expand your self-awareness and connection to the Divine. Classes will include a teaching portion and Q&A, followed by 20-30 minute meditations to practice techniques learned.
When: Tuesdays, January 23 thru February 27, 6:30pm-8:00pm
Facilitator: Lea Alvarado, RScP
Cost: $100 for all, or $16 per class
What you will learn:
- Releasing exercises to release the day and to become fully grounded and present.
- The power of working with essential oils, crystals, sound, mandalas, and other elements to enhance your meditation practice.
- 6 different meditation techniques that can be easily incorporated into your spiritual practices.
Types of meditations covered:
- Observing the breath and the use of affirmations with breath work
- Loving-Kindness Meditation
- Vipassana Meditation
- Guided Meditations
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Meditation using Chants/Mantras
About Lea: Lea Alvarado is a Science of Mind Practitioner and is currently a ministerial student with the Holmes Institute and the School of Spiritual Leadership. Lea has been meditating for close to 15 years and has learned a variety of practices and techniques, which she incorporates into her own daily spiritual practices. She is currently the Assistant Director of Alumni Career Services at CU Boulder. She has a master’s in counseling, is a trained life purpose coach, and a certified strengths coach.
Lea also is trained in energy work, including Reiki and Pranic Healing, as well as Celtic Shamanism, where she has studied the impact of energy on the body and how to work with energy to heal, using various meditation techniques and spiritual practices.