For us to really know our mission on earth,
we must be willing to eliminate whatever contradicts our inner truth.
There are times in our life when we experience challenges and we want you to know that you are not alone. Whether it’s a loss of a loved one or a beloved pet, a hospitalization, or home recovering from surgery or an illness, during times like this, all of us need some extra love and support. Our pastoral care support team consists of ministers, practitioners, and trained volunteers who are committed to providing compassion, love, and support to our church community. This includes prayer support, hospital and home visits, short term assistance, memorial service planning, bereavement support and workshops, and spiritual guidance sessions.
Pastoral Care is available in the following areas:
- Hospital, Nursing Home and Home Visitation: We offer loving support, quiet companionship, prayer, and conversation to our community members who are hospitalized or homebound.
- Short Term Assistance: We provide short term assistance to our community during recovery from surgery or illness or during other difficult times. This assistance includes transportation to and from church (based on availability of congregants who are willing to provide rides), running short errands for groceries, delivering meals, or taking a beloved pet to the vet. Please be aware that the church does not provide financial assistance.
- Grief, Transition and Bereavement: When a pet or someone you love is in the process of transitioning or they have made their transition, it can be a very challenging time. Through personal visits, prayer, spiritual guidance, and bereavement support workshops, we create a loving and sacred space. We also provide assistance with memorial services for our community and their families.
Are you in need of someone to listen? Someone to find help you find peace? Our beloved practitioners are available for prayer support, guidance and inspiration. Contact them after each service or by email.
Each licensed Practitioner has been trained in Science of Mind Spiritual Principles. Knowing and holding the truth of each person through affirmative prayer. Lovingly delivering their words to help each person find the understanding that they are already whole, complete and perfect. Some of our Practitioners offer private Spiritual Guidance Sessions for a fee.
- James Stallcup, Spiritual Director: james.stallcup @ gmail.com
- Jim Babcock: smilingbk123 @ gmail.com
- Barbra Fang Babcock: barbrafangbabcock @ gmail.com
- Sharon Neely: luvoslo @ yahoo.com
- Kathy Nunemaker: cslbvkathynunemaker @ gmail.com
Spiritual Guidance Sessions
We believe in the healing power of Affirmative Prayer (also called Spiritual Mind Treatment). Affirmative Prayer declares a spiritual truth, and is a recognition of Spirit’s Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnipresence, as well as a realization of our personal unity with Spirit.
Practitioners are here to help you remember your Oneness with God.
At Center for Spiritual Living Boulder Valley, our practitioners are dedicated individuals trained in the art and skill of Affirmative Prayer to support you in your spiritual growth and to help you with any challenges you or your loved ones may be facing. Each practitioner has a minimum of four years of professional training, is licensed, and has demonstrated success in Affirmative Prayer. Practitioners are committed to unconditionally supporting you in seeing and knowing your spiritual truth, especially when you can’t.
When you talk with a practitioner, you can discuss your needs and issues, and then the practitioner will say an Affirmative Prayer on your behalf, enabling a shift in Consciousness and a step toward resolution. All interactions and information that you provide in your prayer request (including your contact information) will be kept confidential. 50 minute private sessions are available for spiritual guidance, healing and transformation via phone or in-person. Rates are set by the individual practitioner.
Why Use a Practitioner?
Practitioners are the healing body of Center for Spiritual Living Boulder Valley. A practitioner is here to guide you to help you take charge of your life through effective thinking and recognizing the truth of who you are and what you are capable of. In loving support, a practitioner helps you know how powerful you really are. There are also times when you need a shoulder to lean on. Your Practitioner will pray with you and keep you in a loving consciousness of prayer to support you in:
- Eliminating conditions and beliefs that are not working for your highest and best good
- Exploring the use of Universal Law to create the life you desire
Talk to a Professional Religious Science Practitioner if you are in need of inspiration, to celebrate a major event in your life and/or seek healing in any area: financial, relational, health or career.
Science of Mind and Spirit Practitioners are available for:
- Prayer support before and after the services
- Private Spiritual Guidance Sessions
- Prayer support for all requests submitted to the prayer ministry
- Making visits to congregants at hospitals and care facilities
- Supporting funeral and memorial services
- Teaching and assisting in classes
- Holding the “High Watch” at important functions
- Spiritual check-up: A birthday gift of a session with a Practitioner of your choice
It is an honor and privilege for a practitioner to support you in any of these areas.
How can I access a Practitioner?
Practitioners are available on Sundays to pray with you. They are also available for private, individual spiritual guidance on a fee basis. Feel free to call or email a practitioner and ask for their fee schedule and location.
What is the fee a Practitioner charges?
Practitioners conduct their own professional practices, seeing individuals on a fee basis in one-on-one spiritual guidance sessions. The fee is established at the time an appointment is made. The fee is not for prayer, but rather for the practitioner’s time, training, skill and professional knowledge of spiritual principles and practices that can enhance one’s life. Financial arrangements are flexible and need not be a deterrent to receiving services.
The relationship between the practitioner and the client is one of utmost confidence, integrity and trust and won’t be shared. Conversations are private and confidential.