This year we are going to give gifts to seniors who either don’t have family or don’t have anyone nearby. The seniors live at Josephine Commons here in Lafayette.
Pick a homemade ornament made by our youth from the giving tree. The ornament will designate whether the gift is for a man or a woman and has a number. Taped to the back is a list of suggested gifts. If the tag is a U– that means the gift should be for either a woman or a man. The average cost should be about $15. We have committed to 15-20 gifts. The presents will be delivered on December 21.
Shop early if you can so that you can bring the wrapped presents and put them under our tree. Use the ornament as a tag for your gifts. Put the number of the tag on the extra gifts.
Here are the suggested items:
- Cocoa mix (that uses water)
- Special soaps and lotions (but not bubble bath)
- Small fleece blanket or throw
- Easy throw shawl
- 2016 calendars
- Note pads
- Night lights
- Special snack treats (seasonal or not)
- OXO gripper to open bottles/jars of all sizes (OXO handles are helpful for arthritis)
- Bedside flashlight with easy grip & light weight
Note: No candles please; they are not allowed in the building.
If you have access to any of these items, you can donate them in bulk to be added to the wrapped presents.